Living + Teaching in Ugine, France
Where to Drink
Where to Eat
1 rue Gambetta
Where to Party + Dance
Best Spot to Grab a Coffee
Must-See | Must-Do
Museums to Visit
- Lac d'Annecy
Ideas for Day + Weekend Trips
Chambéry, Annecy, Chamonix
Évian-Les-Bains, Lyon, Grenoble,
Turin (Italy), Geneva (Switzerland)
- Nearby hiking + skiing
- Around town
- Through the surrounding hills + mountains(may need a car for this)
- 77€ per month for a private room in the student residences (includes access to a kitchenette + communal bathroom)
Worst Things About City
Best Things About City
- Fresh air
- Mountain beauty
- Generous + kind locals
- Tartiflette (see Pro-Tips)
- Tiny size of the town
- Not too many things to do or places to go
- Public transportation is available, but limited
Pro-Tips from Past + Current Teaching Assistants
- Get to know your coworkers, as they will help you get out of the town a bit.
- Go and explore all of the nearby cities because they're truly beautiful.
- Make sure to fully appreciate the natural beauty that surrounds Ugine.
- Tartiflette is a French dish from the Savoie region that is made with potatoes, reblochon cheese, ham, and onions - it's a MUST-HAVE.